WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
The purpose of a case manager is to provide a client with a single point of contact throughout the entire case.
The case manager will orchestrate the direction, tasks, and communication required to the client, internal team members, and FaceBook followers.
WHAT SKILLS ARE REQUIRED TO BE A CASE MANAGER?
● Self-starter, good problem-solver, and highly self-motivated
● Smartphone with texting and camera capabilities
● Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
● Ability to organize, manage and motivate volunteers
● Above-average mechanical and computer skills
● Must be able to lift 35 pounds and carry traps over potentially rough terrain (wooded, marshy, snow-covered, etc.)
● Computer savvy (Facebook, email attachments, texting/text groups, Facebook messenger.
● Strict adherence to client and team confidentiality
● Ability to lead a team in a crisis situation
● Tolerant of intermittent periods of stress and physical exhaustion
● Enjoy working as part of a team
● Located within the State of Minnesota or in a neighboring state within 20 miles of the state line
● Comfortable using social media
● Highly flexible schedule
● Ability and willingness to travel to search location in your extended area.
OTHER GUIDELINES FOR A CASE MANAGER
● The case manager (CM) is the primary contact from the Retrievers who directs the client on what activities should be done on a case unless the CM appoints another team member to complete a task, (i.e., CM asks an awareness coordinator to contact the client directly for sighting locations to update a Google map).
● The CM consults via email or Facebook message with the Board of Directors before disengaging from a case.
● The CM is responsible for maintaining consistent updates to the Den, the team’s private Facebook page.
● The CM is responsible for maintaining consistent updates to the Retrievers public page.
● Should the CM need resources such as an Awareness Coordinator (AC) or Ground Support Coordinator (GSC), the CM will post a request in the Den.
● When a case becomes a trapping situation, the CM will have the option to carry out the trapping duties or request assistance in the Den for a trapper.
● If the CM feels it is necessary to create a dedicated Facebook page for the case, the CM will request that an AC create the page and give the CM admin rights.
● If the CM is unable to fulfill all duties until the case is closed (for whatever reason), the CM will post a request in the Den for another CM to take over the case..