WHAT IS AN EVENTS COORDINATOR?
The purpose of the Events Coordinator is to identify, lead, organize and execute several annual
events showcasing The Retrievers and potentially lost dog prevention throughout the year.
WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN EVENTS COORDINATOR?
● Identify and plan annual events for the year.
● Schedule, organize, and ensure successful execution of events
● Ensure events are within budget, meet team objectives and appropriately represent The Retrievers within the community.
● Plan events in coordination with the Board of Directors, other volunteers, and vendors.
● Work with the city to obtain any necessary permits or approvals.
● Work closely with internal and external parties to initiate, plan and execute events.
● Functions as Team liaison with other animal organizations and rescue events (No-Kill, RAGOM, etc.)
● Oversee and coordinate events materials and team staffing (i.e. traps, demonstrations and marketing materials, schedule of team members to host booths)
● Work closely with the Fundraising Coordinator, Social Media Manager and Public Relations as needed
WHAT OTHER SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR AN EVENTS COORDINATOR?
● Team player
● Good communication skills
● Good written and verbal skills
● Ability to communicate recommendations with Board of Directors and provide regular updates
● Ability to build strong relationships with team members and within the community
● Highly organized and detailed oriented