WHAT IS A FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR?
The purpose of the fundraising coordinator is to identify and lead several annual opportunities
for fundraising events throughout the year.
WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF A FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR?
● Identify and plan annual fundraising opportunities (typically 3-4 events per year).
● Schedule, manage and ensure successful execution of events, including online auction.
● Ensure events are within budget, meet team objectives and appropriately represent the Retrievers organization and its brand within the Community.
● Plan events in coordination with the Board of Directors, other volunteers, and vendors
● Work with internal and external parties to initiate, plan and execute fundraising events
● Functions as team liaison with other animal organizations’ and rescues’ events (AHS, RAGOM, etc.).
● Identify grants available and write grant requests.
● Work with the Social Media team to maintain fundraising websites as needed (i.e. GiveMN Give to the Max website, GoFundMe).
● Work closely with Events and Marketing as needed
WHAT OTHER SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR A FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR?
● Self starter
● Team player
● Strong communication skills
● Strong written and verbal skills
● Ability to communicate recommendations with Board of Directors and provide regular updates
● Ability to build strong relationships with team members and within the community
● Highly organized and detailed oriented
● Strong Facebook page knowledge